2001 A4 1.8T Symphony Radio does not unlock. Stuck in "Safe" Mode. [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 2001 A4 1.8T Symphony Radio does not unlock. Stuck in "Safe" Mode.

jaihawk
08-30-2011, 12:15 AM
My battery died one night and since then the audio player is stuck in "Safe" mode. I am the second owner, found the radio code from the Symphony booklet that I was given. I followed the instructions very clearly and entered the code. After entering, "Safe" flashes 3 times and just sits there . . . the manual says, if I entered it incorrectly, then it would flash "continuously", am not sure if flashing 2-3 times is just that. I tried too many times so far (every 2 attempts putting the ignition on for hours) and same thing happens. It definitely looks like the original radio. How do I know that the code has changed? How do I know if the radio was replaced and the new code was not updated in the documentation? Is my only option going to the dealer, with the VIN and S/N? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. - raj

tdepirro
12-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Try this location for additional information:
Ti Kan: Audi Symphony Radio (http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/symphony.html)

If you contact AoA with your VIN and the code off the radio (it's best to remove the radio from the car while on the phone with Audi), they can verify the code...