Audi Forums banner

Audi A6 2.8L Quattro without any Keys now!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  hussain_asghar 
#1 ·
Hello!

Any help here would be much appreciated. Last week I misplaced the only key (4 button key) that I had of my Audi A6 2.8L Quattro Yr 2000 and I spent so many hours searching for it but could not find it :( I went to an Audi dealer and ordered just a plain (valet) key without any remote. He said that this key should work just fine and I will be able to manually lock/unlock the car and it should also turn on the ignition. He also said that there is no need to program this key since the car is 2000 model. So I went ahead and placed an order for this key that costed me $90. I should receive the key today or by tomorrow. Now another Audi dealer is saying that just the key will not work, and it will have to be programmed. I am confused now. One dealer says just the key should work and no need of programming and another says the opposite of this.

Can someone please suggest me what should I do to start driving my car again. The car has been sitting outside in some parking lot for almost a week now. I know getting everything done by the dealer is super expensive. What will be the most cost effective route to handle this issue? If this key from the dealer does not work since it is not programmed, can I get it programmed from somewhere else that would be less expensive?

All your replies will greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.