What else? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: What else?

WVMTNBIKER
06-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks to everyone for helping me out with this new purchase of my son's 2002 A4 3.0 Quattro automatic with 117K on the clock. Your answers and advice have proved to be most valuable.
So, here's what we are having done to the car:
Timing belt and associated parts i.e. water pump, valve cover gaskets, tension pullies etc etc.
Full diagnostics to find out why car missess/shudders when up to temperature. Still wondering about that torque convertor though no codes come up; just O2 sensor and cat convertor code?
New plugs and new coil packs
Fresh oil and filter
Possible tranny service ie filter?, fluid etc.
A general go-over of the car.

Is there anything else critical I should have looked at? I'm sure they will inspect CV boots and joints.
Should they adjust the valve when changing the cover gaskets?:confused:
Trying to make one shot at the "stealership" do it I guess.:eek:

Where is the BEST place to get carpeted floor mats for the car? Has OEM rubber mats now.

Thanks again. You all are great on this forum!:)

mullardel34
06-27-2011, 05:38 AM
ECS Tuning (one of the forum sponsors) has the Audi OEM carpeted floor mats (in Sabre Black) available at:

Audi B6 A4 Quattro V6 30v > Interior > Floor Mats > ES#441884 Carpeted Floor Mats - Front, Sabre Black - 8E1863691B9AM (http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B6_A4-Quattro-V6_30v/Interior/Floor_Mats/ES441884/)

Audi B6 A4 Quattro V6 30v > Interior > Floor Mats > ES#8399 Rear Floor Mats-Sabre Black - 8E0864450A9AM (http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B6_A4-Quattro-V6_30v/Interior/Floor_Mats/ES8399/)

ECS Tuning has other carpet colors are available, so you can select your favorites! :D

Boy Scout
06-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I would check the wear on the front calipers ... the pads do not appear to go the very edge and seems to create a "lip" on the edge ... which is helpful with guessing wear on routers.

I would save a couple of the old coil packs ... if they are OK they would make for good spares ...