New to Audi world - MOst Efficent Performance Mod's? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: New to Audi world - MOst Efficent Performance Mod's?

TrippleC
04-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Hello everyone, i am a proud owner of a 2008 Audi 2.0T S line.

I've had it for a few months and now i would really like to start making it "my own."
I would like to start modding primarily for performance increases. I don't plan on getting an Intake as i just dont really see the point, and dont really necessarily want an exhaust unless i need it.
From the limited research ive done, i figure im going to go with the APR Ecu Upgrade, and than most likely a FMIC or a Downpipe.

How does this plan sound? Im also tempted to get the Downpipe before the ECU but figure its better the way i have it planned first. What do you guys think about those two options??

What are some of the best modifications for to get a good boost on power?? I don't have the kind of money to spend on swapping out the turbo. Any suggestions? And thoughts on the APR ECU + Downpipe + FMIC and which i should get first? I plan on doing it in that order...ECU - Downpipe - FMIC unless you think getting the downpipe first would be ok too, because i wouldnt mind hearing a little rumble as well.

In addition what kind of pipe sizing for the exhaust should this car have for the optimal flow. I have an s2000 and ofcourse they are N/A so we run a 3" but if one where to put a turbo on it we would go 4" i believe, same with a buddies STI i believe. Again i could be wrong. All i know is 3in for s2000 N/A is best for effect on back pressure. And im new to the audi world so help me out!
I we dont have nearly as big a turbo as the Subaru's, so if you could point me to right piping size that would be great.

Thanks for the help guys, and am looking forward to meeting and becoming part of the community. Also any other links to just useful sites and threads are greatly appreciated, just let me know they aren't really to the OP :thumbup:

auburn-audi
04-29-2011, 11:30 PM
I am about to start modifying my A4 and have done some research on the mods that have the best bang for the buck. As you know the best options are the HFC/downpipe, ECU upgrade and the FMIC. The order that makes the best sense is getting the HFC/downpipe first because that is the main requirement for running the APR stage 2 tune. Best idea to not waste money on the stage 1 tune only to upgrade later. But once you get the stage 2 tune you are gonna have to purchase a better diverter valve because the tune runs boost higher and the stock one will eventually blow out. The most popular seems to be made by Forge. You can also get a spacer with it which can gives it a blowoff sound.

audisline
05-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Easiest by far would be a Milltek full exhaust system with sports cat. Forge recirculating dump V and then the remap to take into account the differences in backpressure the change of exhaust and cat would give.
I would be looking at an increase in power of around 50 BHP over the stock 200 BHP and a usefull increase in torque by 70-80 ft lb.

I have been given figures of over 300 BHP with hybrid turbos being fitted. But quite honestly. Unless your going to spend thousands on suspension mods, brakes and tyre changes to take in the effect of getting this power onto the road its just not viable.

Here in the UK you could get the first increase in power for under 1000 if you shopped around.

You are right to forget the air intake upgrade.......no power gain whatsover. But maybe a compromise would be a good panel air filter to the standard air box that may be worthwile.

ECS Tuning-Audi
05-06-2011, 03:11 PM
For starters I would go with a High flow cat (or test pipe if emissions aren't an issue), exhaust, and a APR chip!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

GoHack
05-13-2011, 11:08 PM
I have an '08 A4 2.0T S Line.

The first thing I had installed was a Neuspeed short shifter kit for my 6 Spd M/T.

I then had the APR ECU Stage I Upgrade installed.

I then had installed a straight test pipe in place of the catalytic converter, which was find w/the stock exhaust system, sound wise. I then installed a Stasis Cat Back exhaust. The exhaust was then too load for me, so I went and installed a high flow 034Motorsport Catalytic Converter, which quiet the exhaust down a little, w/o sacrificing too much power.

I then had the APR ECU Stage II+ Upgrade installed.

Rather than going w/an after market rear sway bar, I went w/a 22mm Audi RS4 rear sway bar, which was cheaper.

I then had wheel spacers installed, 5 mm front, and 12 mm rear.

Finally, I'll probably get an APR Carbonio CAI System.

I plan on having the vehicle dyno'd, as soon as the summer grade of gasoline is available. As it stands, it should be pumping out well over 250+ HP, vs. the stock 200.

auburn-audi
05-16-2011, 06:29 PM
GoHack, How do you like the Neuspeed short shifter?

GoHack
05-17-2011, 12:38 AM
GoHack, How do you like the Neuspeed short shifter?

I like it.

I had to get use to it, because the shifter is shorter than the stock one, and as such, the leverage is affected, and so you have to get use to that.