Dashboard (instrument panel) problem.. [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Dashboard (instrument panel) problem..

jokunen76
04-09-2011, 02:29 AM
My wife has -99 year a4 b5 audi and there is problem in fuel gauge.. usually it shows full tank, sometimes it's shows empty tank and sometimes it is working properly but that happens very rarely.. Sometimes temp gauge jump to 120 degrees when starting but it comes back to down when i knock dashboard.. Knocking doesn't help in fuel gauge.. it has own life..
I have been checked fuel sender and i haven't found problem there, and i think at there is some soldering in the dasboard but i don't know where and i heven't found any information about that..

And sorry, i'm from finland so my english is not so good.. :mellow:

maxim_s45
04-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi and welcome! I remember soldering lines on my older 93 A6, but I would expect 99 to have quite sophisticated circuit board. Did you check connectors on the back of the cluster? After checking connectors I would probably get the used cluster and replace either the whole cluster or circuit board with some gauges.

jokunen76
04-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Well i get that cluster out of car and opened it.. I found somekind short circuit between pins 7 and 9 in blue connector.. I scrap those pins and use compressed air in that circuit board and now it's work.. Let's see how long that repair help..

Used clusters are here like under rock.. No one has those and new one cost about 430 euros.. That makes about same in dollars..