How to select correct MMI [Archive] - Audi Forums

: How to select correct MMI

ajocius
04-08-2011, 07:51 AM
I am about to buy used A6 2008 model, currently searching the market. What I would like to have it possibility to connect external audio device and possibly PC. I read on the net it is possible, sometime with some additional HW that needs to be wired to CD changer. But what exactly do I need to check before buying a car to make sure it will be with "correct MMI model".

I found in wikipedia there are 3 models of MMI

MMI Basic
MMI Basic Plus
MMI

MMI is most advanced in this list and has 7'' screen. But reading forums i find people mention MMI 3D, MMI high, MMI HD, etc. So I am not sure what should I look and what models to exclude from my search. Hope somebody can advice me.

a8 tech
04-08-2011, 08:31 AM
2008 will be mmi second generation think 3g was 2009/2010

I would look for mmi high colour display with nav and phone cd and ami and bose

you can all of the above but if possible find a model with all the spec

ajocius
04-08-2011, 08:37 AM
thanks, what is AMI in this case (sorry novice question).

I will try to search for all above specs, but in most cases internet announcement lists only if it is MMI basic, MMI basic plus, etc.

Are you saying any MMI model will allow me to connect external audio AND PC (video and audio signal).

ajocius
04-11-2011, 04:46 AM
From what I see on youtube seems like Basic and Basic PLUS models are kind of monochrome (red and black), so I assume those would not work with PC... Am I correct?