Need Help guys Please!!!! [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Need Help guys Please!!!!

STEVIEBRADIE
03-29-2011, 08:17 AM
I have a 2001 Audi TT and i woke up this morning to the key not electronically opening the door? then found out the alarm petrol cap and boot we not working either?

i was going to check if it was a fuse but being honest am a total dunce when it comes to cars? any ideas? am panicing its something major?

would really appreciate help please???

ouigpt
04-07-2011, 08:10 AM
You didn't convey your problem clearly enough. ...remote? buttons in the car itself?

TT for Dummies...page #6

Always check the cheapest things first.

{while I'm inventing a book that doesn't exist}...page 19

Get yourself a good TT manual and read, reread, and reread. You most likely won't understand it all, but you will learn{if you want}.

Sorry that I can't help...your 50 minutes with the shrink is over.

I have a 2001 Audi TT and i woke up this morning to the key not electronically opening the door? then found out the alarm petrol cap and boot we not working either?

i was going to check if it was a fuse but being honest am a total dunce when it comes to cars? any ideas? am panicing its something major?

would really appreciate help please???

STEVIEBRADIE
04-07-2011, 10:52 AM
You didn't convey your problem clearly enough. ...remote? buttons in the car itself?

TT for Dummies...page #6

Always check the cheapest things first.

{while I'm inventing a book that doesn't exist}...page 19

Get yourself a good TT manual and read, reread, and reread. You most likely won't understand it all, but you will learn{if you want}.

Sorry that I can't help...your 50 minutes with the shrink is over.

See it's the type of personality you have that makes me laugh. These forums are designed for all people with all ranges of knowledge on cars.
If you have no constructive posts to put here please refrain from posting as I'm only interested in help by genuine people.
Hope your post made you feel real big for that minute. Now please leave the help to genuine folk who want to give advice thank you.

a8 tech
04-07-2011, 02:03 PM
It would suggest a week remote battery or a fault with the system, Battery's are inexpensive for the remote fobs so worth changing then resynchronise the remote fobs if required but could you confirm the boot open switch operation on the centre consul switch pack operates
If this operates and the fuel opening also operates from its switch then the remote is looking more likely, if nothing works with the switches or remote then it needs a diagnostic scan

STEVIEBRADIE
04-07-2011, 04:33 PM
It would suggest a week remote battery or a fault with the system, Battery's are inexpensive for the remote fobs so worth changing then resynchronise the remote fobs if required but could you confirm the boot open switch operation on the centre consul switch pack operates
If this operates and the fuel opening also operates from its switch then the remote is looking more likely, if nothing works with the switches or remote then it needs a diagnostic scan

The centre console doesn't work either for the boot and petrol cap. And the alarm doesn't seem to engage either had to lock the doors manually.
Thanks very much for your reply. Think it needs a diagnostic check??