Driving Hard & Fast... [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Driving Hard & Fast...

CraigC2000
03-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Can anyone help me with some advice...

I have a 2006 A4 Cab. It's the 3.0 Diesel s line auto quattro. It's running fine, but when I thrashed it a bit the other day the power was suddenly reduced and the heater plug light started flashing on and off, on the dash.

When I turned the ignition off, and then re-started the car all seemed fine again, but every time I really put my foot down I get the same problem - the flashing heater plug light and a las of power.

Has anyone had a similar prolem?

maxim_s45
04-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi! No experience with diesel, but since no replies - let me try. As far as I know the heater plugs are for the better start when cold weather? So it is surprising. Get vagcom, read ECU errors when the light is on.

PHAT A$$
08-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't have any experience with diesel but, sounds like an issue we had on our 06' A4 2.0... It's been a year or so but, simular issue, I' would step on it and at about 80 it would just cut-out and then once it coasted down to about 60-65mph it would kick back in.

It was something with the turbo... I wanna say it was a valve or bearings? I do remember it was around $4K to have it fixed... OUCH!

Hope that helps.