14 pin headlight socket??? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 14 pin headlight socket???

Zigz07
02-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know what wires are what in this socket? It's the socket from the bi xenon headlight assembly. I'm trying to figure out what controls what and can't find a diagram anywhere. 6533

maxim_s45
03-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi! No replies, so let's do at least something. Some connections does not look like the factory at all - changes before? Will the ELSA-like wiring diagram help you?

Zigz07
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure what ELSA is but any diagram would be helpful and as far as I know this is the factory set up. Thanks for the reply

maxim_s45
03-16-2011, 06:35 PM
This is what I understood from the manual (first color is left, then right):

1, gn/gr, ws/ro, Cornering light motor
2, ws/gr, gn/ro, Cornering light motor
4, sw/bl, gr/li, Cornering light motor
5, br/ws, br , Ground for HID
6, ge/sw, ge/ws, HID lamp
7, br, br, Ground for Beams Switch-Over Solenoid, DRL, parking and turn lamps
9, sw/bl, sw/gr, Turn signal lamp
10, gr/sw, gr/ro, Parking lamp
11, li/bl, li/gn, Switch-Over Solenoid
12, ws/sw, ws/ge, DRL lamp
14, br, br, Ground for the cornering motor

ws - white
sw - black
br -broun
li - lilac
bl - blue
gr - grey
ge - yellow
gn - green
ro - red

The loop style isolated wire on your connector is 100% not original. Please use this AS-IS - I could not find the connector pin-out or any other way to validate this.

Zigz07
03-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Hey thanks a lot, its really apprieciated. My biggest problem is that I don't have the owners manual. So you think this really isn't factory? This harness is also connected to another that plugs directly into the HID ballast and it too has a whole mess of wires, sure looks factory to me. but then again what do I know... This is my first Audi.
Thanks for the help.

maxim_s45
03-18-2011, 07:44 PM
There is 100% the wiring change. Most likely to get DRL with HID at the same time. Connecting one harness to another looks like this Headlights and Replacement Headlights for Audi with Projector HID (Xenon) and LED Daytime Runing Light (DRL) Options (http://www.lltek.com/audi_headlights_led_daytime_running_lights_f.htm) read the place with 14/10 pin discussion.

BoBBLinG
03-20-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm having trouble to retrofit B7 Bi-Xenon on a B6 Xenon headlight socket(10-pin to 14-pin)

Have u resolved the wiring issue or do you have an good wiring diagram?(Elsa doesn't give me the answer...)

Zigz07
03-20-2012, 01:24 PM
No I was never able to get a good diagram, I got everything working but the computer isn't reading that the lights are connected so it will throw the warning lights on the dash... Sorry I couldn't help

BoBBLinG
03-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Ok, can tell me how you wire the headlight?

Thanx for response!

Zigz07
03-20-2012, 05:49 PM
After a lot of time and effort I reverted to aftermarket hid's and used a test light to find the signal wire, worked like a charm, and haven't had any problems and the auto-headlight feature still works. I know it's not the professional way of doing things, but hey it works and no one knows but me. Lol, good luck and if you ever find a good diagram please let me know. Thanks

BoBBLinG
03-31-2012, 06:33 AM
After a lot of time and effort I reverted to aftermarket hid's and used a test light to find the signal wire, worked like a charm, and haven't had any problems and the auto-headlight feature still works. I know it's not the professional way of doing things, but hey it works and no one knows but me. Lol, good luck and if you ever find a good diagram please let me know. Thanks

I found an adapter for my conversion problem: https://www.speedfreakcarparts.nl/product_info.php?products_id=25689 (dutch site)

This adapter converts A4 B6 OEM Xenon 10 pins to 14 Pins B7 Xenon headlight connector.