What is this replacement part called? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: What is this replacement part called?

JessRega
01-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Hello,

I am in need of some help to name a part I need to replace on my 2007 Q7: The silver plastic piece around the gear shift. Mine is bubbling and looking awful and I don't want to ask the dealer and be out $100 for a small piece of plastic!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone in the Monterey, CA area with the proper equipment willing to reset my service indicator light?! I'm willing to pay!

Thank you,
Jessamin

maxim_s45
01-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Hi! Welcome to the forums! Do you mean the whole panel 4L0864261A or just the frame 4L0864260A?

Service indicator is to remind that this is the time to do the service - why would you need to reset it?

JessRega
01-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Just the frame - thank you so very much! Perfect!

Yes, the vehicle technically needs to be "serviced", but my husband has already done 90% of the items the dealer listed to me when describing what would be done to my vehicle for a mere $775 (oil change alone was $175). Ouch. We had the oil & filter changed, new air and cabin filter, he changed the spark plugs, new brakes & roters, flushed brake fuild, etc....now the light is just annoying me.;)

DUTCH VanAtlanta
01-31-2011, 05:40 AM
Service indicator is to remind that this is the time to do the service - why would you need to reset it?

Lots of folks do their own service.

A VAG-COM unit will reset it, but it really ought to be resettable by the owner.