A6 Remote Key early morning problem [Archive] - Audi Forums

: A6 Remote Key early morning problem

Gandalf
01-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Looking for ideas... :confused:

I have an A6 tdi 2007 model, but since a couple of weeks ago, my remote fob isn't quite working right. It unlocks all doors except the driver door - making things a little bit messy as I need to open another door and reach through to open the driver door.

This only happens first thing in the morning. After I have got the door open once, the fob works properly through the day, even if I leave the car parked for 10 hours - I have a long working day :(

I have a second remote fob - always thought it was a good idea - and that works perfectly.

It is possible that a battery could be the problem ? Can a weak battery unlock some doors but not all ?

If that is the problem, can anybody point me to a good site where I can find where to get a replacement battery (UK preferable), how to change it, and if I need to reprogram the key after it has been changed ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

maxim_s45
01-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi! Are you sure the second key works fine? This doesn't sound like the key problem.

If you open/close/open/close - will it open the driver side?

Gandalf
01-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Maxim - you are correct.
I tried my second key today, and that didn't work either (it had done previously).
I will have to wait until tomorrow to try the open/close/open/close method as the problem only fails first time in the morning.

AndyLister
01-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Sadly - no better.
Tried the open/close/open/close - still would not open.
But once opened manually, remote key works fine all day.
I guess I will have to throw myself on the mercy of the Audi Dealers :(