1999 Audi A8 Quattro [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 1999 Audi A8 Quattro

maxdog
01-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Hello this is my first post although Ive been viewing the forum for a long time, and Ive owned many Audi's. My question is this, I have an airbag light that stays on and I want it off. What can I do? I have had it looked at and the mechanic says the airbag is fine its just a sensor or something..can I pull the light bulb? I dont want to spent hundreds of dollars to have the air bag replaced, I just want the light to go out. Please help

maxim_s45
01-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi! My recommendation would be to solve the problem, rather than playing with the safety. Connect VagCom, read the error and it could be e.g. fixing the sensor (it could be as simple as disconnected plug from under the driver seat). Airbag lifespan is 15 years (as far as I know for older version) - may be no need to replace the module, just fixing electrics.

maxdog
01-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Do you have more info on this plug under the seat can you describe it for me..

maxim_s45
01-23-2011, 05:00 PM
https://www.audi-forums.com/general-tech-discussion/58533-airbag-light.html

maxdog
01-24-2011, 09:42 PM
The plastic screen is fogged up on my cluster and I would like to replace it or clean it, the inside is somehow dirty? How do I remove the the cluster? I was thinking about buying a warranty for this car any info on that would be great.