05 Audi A6 Sdn. 3.2L, 87K Miles. Eng Change [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 05 Audi A6 Sdn. 3.2L, 87K Miles. Eng Change

wwadeson
01-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I am changing an engine in this car. I am putting a used engine in it. I have the old one pulled and have a few leads from reputable recyclers as to the availability of an engine. Is funny all the people I have talked to seem know I am in the 80K range for mileage. What I was wondering was if there was any special procedure for Re-alignment of the sensors like CKP/CMP. I think the used unit will be missing a throttle body also. I think there is an alignment procedure for this also?

Thanks all.

aneetakelvin
01-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Alignment procedures are not the same for all models; it would be better if you could get help from a mechanic so that you don't end up trying out something wrong.

I am changing an engine in this car. I am putting a used engine in it. I have the old one pulled and have a few leads from reputable recyclers as to the availability of an engine. Is funny all the people I have talked to seem know I am in the 80K range for mileage. What I was wondering was if there was any special procedure for Re-alignment of the sensors like CKP/CMP. I think the used unit will be missing a throttle body also. I think there is an alignment procedure for this also?

Thanks all.

wwadeson
01-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Found an engine that 50Kish on and that did run. Had to change many trinkets on it to make work. Was missing the flexplate and the throttle control module. I did find some Service Information and it stated for the throttle a 30 sec. KOEO period was all that was required. Still looking for a possible CKP/CMP Learn. Did get the engine in and running, had an issue with the oil pressure, mech. gau. verified it and used old EOP from blown eng. No MIL yet and runs good. Have yet to road test. It was a challenge to say the least so far!!

Thanks all!