A4 B5 1997 heater fan not working [Archive] - Audi Forums

: A4 B5 1997 heater fan not working

markyp33
01-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi
Can anyone please give me some advice. I have a 1997 1.9TDi A4, and the fan for the windscreen does not work. I have checked the fuse which is intact, and I have removed the digital display control unit out of the dash and had a llok inside - all seems okay visually (no dry joints, ribbon connections good).

When you operate the display unit - it seems to display everything correctly, and you can hear the dampers moving behind the dash for airflow direction. The temp goes up and down on the display etc. Just no fan.

Is this a common fault, and how do I go around checking the fan itself - how do I access it?

Thank you in anticipation

audiv6quattro
01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi mate have you tried the blower motor usually situated behind the glovebox. The bushes on the motor tend to go and they cost about 5 maybe 10 quid from eBay.there is a trick you can do to make it work a little longer the bushes are the bits of wire with springs on them if you bend the wire towards the spring it will stretch the spring but that's ably if it is the blower and I'm in the uk so depends on where u are and the spec of the car

markyp33
01-08-2011, 05:07 AM
Thanks for your reply. Your right, it was the bushes - I've done a temporary repair by turning them round until I can get new ones. Thanks again

audiv6quattro
01-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Ok mate no worries glad I could help like I say eBay probably best bet mate