Different wheels on allroads. [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Different wheels on allroads.

FlatBlack
12-10-2010, 03:46 AM
What determines which allroads have which wheels?

I see both single arm 5 spokes and double arm 5 spokes on the same year cars, and curious why.

Allroads_lead_Somewhere
01-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I believe that the wheel selection would be deteermined by the options package. 5 Double-Spoke wheels, are a $1000 option on my 2001 Allroad window sticker. They look great, but are a real PITA to keep clean!

Zachariah
05-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Allroads up to 2004 had stock, 17"x7" five-spokes. The 17"x 7.5" double spokes was a pricey, $1100 option. The stock 2004-up models had the 18"x7.5" "flat five" alloys, with the deep, 20mm offset. Nothing looks better than the OEM RS4 9-spokes with the 15mm spacer(my opinion only):

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk20/Dilberto88/CIMG0047.jpg

FlatBlack
05-21-2011, 02:15 PM
They look nice on a nice allroad, mine is heading in a different direction.

I sold my nice one- was a 2002 with the double 5 spokes, but it had no cruise control, which I was planning to add, but no sunroof, harder to add, and I wanted a trailer hitch, easier if its stock...

I just bought a 2003 allroad with everything I wanted. Its got the cheaper single arm 5 spokes painted flat black, and its got the double arm 5 spokes mounted with M+S tires that look good, but I'll be using the singles or finding something else with 5 spokes that will look better flat.

I got just what I wanted- its got a newer car, with all the options except parking sensors, and its got some paint problems= body is fine, just paint. Perfect for me, I'm painting it with some Rhino Liner type paint called Durabak. Rough looking and indestructable. No more door dings. Now lets hear everybody bark about how I'm destroying the car. Its what I wanted to do since I bought the last one. That one was too clean and nice to paint over, this one is just right... Will post some pix here when its all done, but will take some time, too many projects at once.