S4 Stasis ECU Upgrade [Archive] - Audi Forums

: S4 Stasis ECU Upgrade

ScottR
11-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Hello forum!

1st post and I don't even have my car yet (recently ordered a 2011 S4). I'm looking at the Stasis ECU upgrade but am not interested in the exhaust (right now anyway).

I'm going to try and get in touch with Stasis myself, since my dealership doesn't seem too sure, but does anyone know what the power upgrade is without adding the exhaust? All the numbers I see are 410 hp, which includes the addition of the exhaust. I'm guessing the exhaust adds about 15-20 hp?

Any information is appreciated. If I find out, I'll post a response on this thread as well.

Thanks -

ScottR
11-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Stasis just got back in touch with me and mentioned that all of their testing involves both the exhaust and ECU upgrade combined. However, the exhaust should typically allow for a 5 - 10% increase in performance.

If that's the case, at the maximum, the exhaust should only account for about 8 hp. So, the car should still get slightly more than 400 hp with just the ECU.

Wish me luck. I now need to make sure the dealership can get the upgrade and have it installed by the time I pick-up the car.

This waiting is about to kill me...

Boy Scout
03-11-2011, 01:35 PM
well ... where is the update??

how big of a difference did it make?

ScottR
03-11-2011, 09:58 PM
I wish I knew. The dealership backed away from working with Stasis so now I need to go to Chicago, which is the closest dealership that does work with Stasis. I'm thinking of doing the upgrade in May / June.

I'm loving the car right now though. It's damn quick and I'm happy to say that it's surprised several other cars on the road. I don't think most people know what an S4 is. All they see is a 4-door sedan and think it's a push over.

Having some time with the stock car will help me appreciate the upgrade a little more as well. I'll be sure to post some details when I get the ECU. I'm also planning to do some video comparisons once the weather warms up and I get the snow tires off the car.

Boy Scout
03-12-2011, 10:22 AM
we have a local dealer in Milwaukee that will do a Stasis modification

good luck with it