Audi A6 Avant 2005 VNS media Ipod fit [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Audi A6 Avant 2005 VNS media Ipod fit

damon
10-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Hi all
Have a6 Avant 2.7 sline tdi , MMI updated to latest colour etc, 6 cd changer, BT Fusicon phone system.
Cant get A2dp to work from phone to stereo, and from what i beleive it will only work in mono:(.

So looking for IPOD interface, cant justify 300+ for ami,denison

See VNS media can supply ipod interface for sub 200, has any one used these pps , kit good , any comments?

craigyb
10-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Just check that the FISCON will work with the Ipod interface they are supplying. You may have to disable the A2DP part of the FISCON for it to work.

damon
10-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Well little suspitious tbh , no real mention on forums , limited web reviews.

Arent you based in Mcr? What cost to install an ipod function?

damon
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
just quick note of update
already have bt viseeoo installed, also updated an ipod ami system using vns multimedia (Do ebay search) , i offered 120 and won the bid. works a treat , full mmi integration etc

damon
10-21-2010, 02:20 PM
one down side seems to start at track one each time you restart mmi/car, doesnt remember where it was :(

Tad
02-15-2011, 04:43 AM
Just purchased a NVS Media AMI 2G direct from their Polish website. Delivery very quick. Product arrived in small box, made of rather thin carton. No protection inside the box, just a black plastic box and the cables loose inside. No instruction manual.

The web site shows a video of the intstallation into what appears to be an S5. The installation in my 08 Allroad (MMI High 2G) was different. In fact I copied a YouTube Dension 500 A6 installation video (Enfig 2005 A6) and used the cable connections as shown in the NVS video.

Despite the initial shock on receiving the package, it works perfectly and appears to be fully compatible with Audi's MMI. Works without any need to update software (in my case) and right away after completing the cable connections. Compared with the Dension, there is only an Apple iPod cable, no Aux or USB.

The installation does not require any cable splicing, fitment of electrical connectors, and you do not need to remove the glove box, just a small plastic panel in the passenger footwell. There are no fixation included with the product, so I used two plastic cable ties to secure the box behind and below the glove box.

Excellent product for the price (18 or $252) pity about the packaging and lack of even a rudimentary manual.