Trim replacement [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Trim replacement

GeoffreyS
10-03-2010, 08:51 AM
My son's dog - in a somewhat distressed state - attempted to claw his way out of the back of my 'o4 All-Road one night. Only part damaged was the 5" wide plastic trim running across the back below the window and covering the rear wiper motor.

Audi UK spare parts are quoting 400+ upwards for a complete assembly in the rear door & apparently don't supply the part on its own.

Can anyone advise on finding a replacement piece of trim? I was wondering if the A6 Avant shares the same part, so I also posted this over there.

Is there a cheaper way?

Thanks

KenS
10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
I had to replace the whole boot door liner (bottom part) a year or so ago. When the car was new, there was a recall on the boot locks. The garage that replaced the lock, broke all the clips and only had the liner held on by three screws. Eventually the screws broke through the plastic and the liner fell off. Cost me nearly 300 in Belfast for a new one at an Audi dealer. They agreed to fit it for that price.

I would imagine that the A6 liner is the same. I know the bonnet and wings are different on the AR as it has a shorter over hang at the front. However, the rear door should be the same. I'd say you'll pick one up from a scrapyard.

GeoffreyS
10-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks. That's worth a shot.

Cheers!