I hate plugging in my Iphone [Archive] - Audi Forums

: I hate plugging in my Iphone

hfeinstein
10-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Ok, so am I the only person who finds the whole process of lifting the armrest and pulling out the tray each time to use an iphone or ipod to be a bit cumbersome?

I have an idea to drill a hole through the area where the phone cradle is to run the cable to the connection point so I don't have to go through that exercise of lifting the whole mechanism up every time. Maybe there is an extension cord of some sort to extend the plug in for the ipod/iphone?

Thoughts?

DUTCH VanAtlanta
10-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Ok, so am I the only person who finds the whole process of lifting the armrest and pulling out the tray each time to use an iphone or ipod to be a bit cumbersome?

I have an idea to drill a hole through the area where the phone cradle is to run the cable to the connection point so I don't have to go through that exercise of lifting the whole mechanism up every time. Maybe there is an extension cord of some sort to extend the plug in for the ipod/iphone?

Thoughts?

Do you not have BlueTooth?

hfeinstein
10-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Can I play my music through the Bluetooth?

DUTCH VanAtlanta
10-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Can I play my music through the Bluetooth?

Doubtful. Probably only iPhone telephone usage.

PS - My iPod plug is in the glove box - 2010 Q7.

maximq7
11-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Same here in my 2010 Q7 - iPod cable connects through the glovebox, not the center console.