dash display [Archive] - Audi Forums

: dash display

ajm
09-09-2010, 04:21 PM
does anyone know if the dash display ( rectangle in the middle of dash )for the outside temp. trip computer and warning system can be replaced , mine has missing lines through it leaving it almost impossible to make out, sometimes it gets a little better but never 100% don't have the car long and has been like it from i get her.
thanks

maxim_s45
09-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I did this replace on A6/C4 - took the whole cluster out, disassembled the cluster and replaced this part (actually upgraded the one with pictures to pictures and trip computer)

ajm
09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
was the replacement second hand and how big a job is it,
is there and programming needed after
what age / model has the new type display
thanks

maxim_s45
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
The replacement was from a used dashboard. 3 hrs job - 1 hr was to take the cluster out. 1 hr for the cluster itself and 1 hr beer.

Here is a link which may be close to your model. Official DIY 2000 Audi S4 LCD Instrument Cluster Pixel Repair "No Hot Air Rework Station Needed" - AudiWorld Forums (http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1637467)

aliexpress.com may have LCD.

delphis96
11-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum... but I am hoping to get some help.

I recently replaced my center LCD screen on my '99 A6 2.8. That worked like a charm, but I have two small glitches:

1. After a couple of trial and error rounds, I have my speedometer properly tracking speed again. The issue is that when accelerating from 0-35mph, it moves "ratchety", then smoothes out to normal operation after that. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

2. I have 176k miles on my car, but since replacing the center LCD, the small LCD located under the speedometer (has miles and trip counter) only displays 76k miles. The "1" intermittently appears, generally as things warm up. I was able to get a solid display if I pushed on the center red connector (20 pin). I am going to take a look at the pin-to-pcb solder joints this weekend to see if that is the problem. Does anyone have a wiring diagram/pinout schematic for that center 20-pin connector?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.