project TT... "new" 01 tt roadster 225 [Archive] - Audi Forums

: project TT... "new" 01 tt roadster 225

rschonstt
08-26-2010, 09:50 AM
I want to make sure i'm understanding a few things correctly.

If I want an exhaust system, the best thing for me to do would be to get a full exhaust (from the header back). Since I am increasing the capability for exhaust (out-take), it is understood that it would be best for me to increase airflow (intake), as well. I can achieve this by adding a cold air intake system for my car. But this is where I get frustrated. Since obviously cars run off 2 key factors... air and fuel (other than oil, obviously)... and I have upgraded my air intake, is it necessary to install an intercooler? Also, I would want to now upgrade my fuel intake, correct? Now I feel like I'm getting in too deep. I'm not looking to do this many upgrades. Looking to keep it simple.

Along that same note, if I want to get new sport springs (lowering the car approx. 1 inch all around), I've read its best to get a camber kit, along with performance shocks and struts and some sort of sway bars. Again, I feel like i'm getting in too deep now. I do NOT want to save a few bucks today to end up spending more down the road... but I also do not want to spend more now if I dont need to. The only reason I am looking this deep into things is because I want to buy 18 inch wheels and feel it would look much better with a more agressive, lowered stance.

I think i'm sold on the APR chip upgrade. $500 installed is a steal for a quoted "257 BHP" after install and tuning. I also like the idea of a DV... for $150 for a well rated DV, I feel its a good purchase. But, just before I order it and install it, curious if there is an option that has a similar sound as a BOV (i've always been infatuated with BOVs). And of course my list of mods extends to the exterior (but again, very minimal and clean... removing ALL badges and adding some black grills and black wheels). Other than that, i'm stuck.

The point of todays post is... I want to spend money where I need to... but I dont want to spend money just because certain manufacturers recommend extra parts, etc. I cant help but wonder if they truly feel its important to do, or if its an advertisement technique to increase sales. Please help! I grew up modifying cars, and then moved to DC... so I sold my supercharged tC and have since relied on public transportation (subway systems and cabs). Its been several years since I've worked on cars and feel as though I've lost my knowledge. LOL.

Please please help! Needing some advice and encouragement!

H3NTA1
08-26-2010, 01:44 PM
hhhmmm lets see. I wud 1st say fix your motor 1st. whats the point of having a nice ride if it doesn't move? Go ahead and throw a cai. depends on what brand you like. then go ahead and change your exhaust set-up. catback will be fine. you can change your manifold later. cause earlier you were talking about changing your intercooler. you'll be fine w/ your stock one for now. cuz once you change it, you gotta re-tune everything. cuz your air flow ratio wud be off. I'm personally goin this route. its the cheapest, safiest route out.

westv
09-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I want to make sure i'm understanding a few things correctly.

If I want an exhaust system, the best thing for me to do would be to get a full exhaust (from the header back). Since I am increasing the capability for exhaust (out-take), it is understood that it would be best for me to increase airflow (intake), as well. I can achieve this by adding a cold air intake system for my car. But this is where I get frustrated. Since obviously cars run off 2 key factors... air and fuel (other than oil, obviously)... and I have upgraded my air intake, is it necessary to install an intercooler? Also, I would want to now upgrade my fuel intake, correct? Now I feel like I'm getting in too deep. I'm not looking to do this many upgrades. Looking to keep it simple.

Along that same note, if I want to get new sport springs (lowering the car approx. 1 inch all around), I've read its best to get a camber kit, along with performance shocks and struts and some sort of sway bars. Again, I feel like i'm getting in too deep now. I do NOT want to save a few bucks today to end up spending more down the road... but I also do not want to spend more now if I dont need to. The only reason I am looking this deep into things is because I want to buy 18 inch wheels and feel it would look much better with a more agressive, lowered stance.

I think i'm sold on the APR chip upgrade. $500 installed is a steal for a quoted "257 BHP" after install and tuning. I also like the idea of a DV... for $150 for a well rated DV, I feel its a good purchase. But, just before I order it and install it, curious if there is an option that has a similar sound as a BOV (i've always been infatuated with BOVs). And of course my list of mods extends to the exterior (but again, very minimal and clean... removing ALL badges and adding some black grills and black wheels). Other than that, i'm stuck.

The point of todays post is... I want to spend money where I need to... but I dont want to spend money just because certain manufacturers recommend extra parts, etc. I cant help but wonder if they truly feel its important to do, or if its an advertisement technique to increase sales. Please help! I grew up modifying cars, and then moved to DC... so I sold my supercharged tC and have since relied on public transportation (subway systems and cabs). Its been several years since I've worked on cars and feel as though I've lost my knowledge. LOL.

Please please help! Needing some advice and encouragement!

Everything you do circles around what Horsepower & Torque you want to achive if you want 275-350 horsepower I can give you options best stuff pricy stuff cheaper but will serve their purpose

if you want 375 - 700 horsepower I can give you the same companies ect.

Let me know..... I have a 225 and know of people getting 420 hp out of their stock KO4 turbo........

jmchurch
09-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Don't do it.
Get yourself a Revo.
They have 5hr trials. It's a configurable tune. vedddyyy nice.