New to Audi Ownership [Archive] - Audi Forums

: New to Audi Ownership

jmp470
08-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello All,
I just joined this forum as I just purchased a 2007 A8L. I've done a lot of research on the vehicle and it appears to be a great car. I just got it on Saturday, but thus far it has been a joy to drive. I do have a few questions: Are there any issues with these cars that I should be worried about?
Is it possible to get a heated seating wheel with paddle shifters? Thats the only option I do not have.

Thanks in advance,

John

Brozee
08-25-2010, 11:31 AM
welcome!
I know your new, but instead of asking and having people reply just scan the forums their are tons of posts. Although you have a 2007 and are in pretty good hands in my opinion. Main problem childs are the 2004 and unfortunately my 2005. If you still have a warranty on the car, fully test every single option. Main thing that I've seen go or need to be replaced that are big expenses are the control arm bushings in the front, as well as a transmission flush which can run into the $2k range if out of warranty. Since you have a 2006 and newer you don't have a timing belt you have a chain which makes the 75k service so so much easier. A DIY I say.

Welcome and enjoy your great new car

jmp470
08-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Brozee,
Thanks for the welcome. I did cruise the site and found lots of information on older cars, however, I could find much on 2007 or newer cars. That is why I asked specifics. But any help or advise would be great (as you posted). I bought the CPO option which gives me a warranty until 2013. But I still don't want anything to happen to it.