Vibrations while driving 2001 A6 2.7T [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Vibrations while driving 2001 A6 2.7T

BMF
07-30-2010, 05:48 PM
About a week ago I tried to pass a dipsh*t that was just cruising in the passing lane on the highway and when the transmission downshifted to hit the passing gear it felt like it was bogging down for a split second. Kind of felt like like trying to start off in second gear in a manual. Now, every time I am on the highway, once I pass 50 mph the whole car has a constant vibration/shake. It persists until i slow down to 40 or below, still rides and accelerates pretty well on side streets but the highway driving is driving me nuts. Also, when I take off from a dead stop i hear and feel a small clunk from underneath the car. It doesn't happen every time but more times than not. Any suggestions?

ronsurya
08-04-2010, 01:07 AM
I experience the samething when driving about 65 - 70 mph, it's a light vibration.
I replaced the brakes and installed all 4 new tires and 4 wheel allignment... problem still there. Steering wheels and transmission ( mine is 6 speed manual ) vibrates, I could feel and see.

Car running really nice, but this annoying problem...may be engine mounts, transmission mount or the axle? any info from other team member who experienced and fixed the problem? so we could give our mechanic some idea....

RS LH