Rear Window only way down? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Rear Window only way down?

dkaakd
07-29-2010, 12:21 PM
My 2007 (B7) A4 Cabriolet rear (passenger side) window only goes down half way. It goes up and down smoothly, but does not open all the way. Oddly when I close the top, the front window on that side goes up, then automatically goes back down (electronics problem??).

Based on other threads, it sounds like it might be the motor controller.

Does this sound correct?

How do I access the controller since there is no door panel? Anyone have a diagram for the B7 Cab (3.2)?

Thank you,

DaveB)

a8 tech
07-29-2010, 01:58 PM
check the regulator before condemning the motor

dkaakd
07-30-2010, 04:15 PM
:eek:check the regulator before condemning the motor

I said motor, but was thinking regulator... Sorry my error. Either way, how do I get to it? I don't see a way to remove the inside panel without damaging it. I thought there would be a way to slide the trim on panel forward to expose a screw - I don't see a way.

Anyone have a diagram?

dkaakd
09-17-2010, 11:54 AM
check the regulator before condemning the motor

well I hate to reply to my own posts but I thought some might be interested in this..

Took the car to the dealer and it was in fact the motor not the regulator. They replaced the motor under warantee and all is well.

Dave

face123
09-30-2010, 03:31 AM
So you got it all sorted. I have the same problem so thanks for update, I will take mine into garage now!how much was it?

dkaakd
09-30-2010, 09:10 AM
So you got it all sorted. I have the same problem so thanks for update, I will take mine into garage now!how much was it?

Since it was covered by the warantee there was no cost. It probably would have been around $500 - $600 (US) to fix since I belive the motor is about $350 at the dealer and the labor is probably 2.5 hours.

I hope you are covered or have your checkbook ready. I made this type of repair in my Acura RL a few years ago and it was pretty easy. I just could not figure out how to remove the panel to access the motor or regulator. These days, my time is more valuable.

Hope you get it fixed.

JOHN.KUSTARD
09-30-2010, 01:55 PM
-Try this first--disconnecting the motor has the same result--Hence don`t think a new motor was required-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suspect no need to strip down ,this is a common issue.Theres a audi technical bullitin about it.While closing the window push down against the closing to cause the window to bounce back down ,do this 4or5 times until it looses its onetouch function.then close the window with the switch,release switch then pull up to close and hold for 5sec to reset one touch function.should then work OK.