B8 LED Headlights that fit B7 A4, S4 and RS4? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: B8 LED Headlights that fit B7 A4, S4 and RS4?

JasonS4
07-07-2010, 08:03 PM
B8 LED Headlights that fit B7 A4, S4 and RS4?

OH MY THEY HAVE IT ...

http://www.cargym.com/images/AD045-B3W20_CG.jpg

JasonS4
07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
The link below should be a reputable source.... (deleted info on euroangeleyes - they weren't helpful all!)

bermudakid
07-20-2010, 10:01 AM
The B8 style is awsome, i would like them in my b7 a4, but i cant find them on ebay, they are not on the link,

if you get more info please post

Tyler

JasonS4
07-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Here's a link to a more reputable seller:
http://www.cargym.com/audi-0508-a4-b7-led-drl-devil-eye-black-projector-headlight-p-1865.html

bermudakid
07-20-2010, 04:19 PM
anyone here have them, they are different than the typical ones you see on ebay,

JasonS4
07-20-2010, 04:36 PM
They are literally brand new on the market ... the down side for many is they are made for non bi-xenon cars. You can upgrade them to bi-xenon, but I think the wiring harnesses may be a little different. Next time I have the hood up I'll snap some pics of an "adaptive" headlight plug.

If you don't have bi-xenon it should be a relatively easy upgrade ... you do have to remove the front bumper cover to swap them though.

The ones on eBay lately are "A5 Style" but the sellers are usually clueless. They even call the A5 style an "R8 style" LOL stupid :huh:.

http://www.your3dsource.com/images/headbangsoncomputer_t_01.gif

These new ones shown above are a true "devil eyes" style ... model correct for an A4 or S4.

I'll bet that they are not near as bright as factory though.

JasonS4
08-06-2010, 03:34 PM
These are looking like they are pretty cool!

YouTube - AUDI A4 2006 (B7) - LED - HEADLIGHTS - TAIL LIGHTS‬‎

The LEDs aren't the brightest but not bad at all. The styling is great too.

supercoupe007
08-08-2010, 02:19 AM
Hey Jason and guys,
I have been considering buying some of these breank new lights that came out for the B7 (B8 Style), and I have seen them on evilbay, but I am not sure how bright those LED lights are, and I haven't seen any reviews or if people have any experience with them.

Oh yeah, I am also curios as if the LED lights will dim down when the headlights are turned on?

My A4 By doens't have to auto adjust/leveling headlight system as it came equipped with halogens, if I were to get a set of these that have the auto leveling syste, would there be a way to make that system work??

If anybody has any information or experince they could share that would be geat.

OH and yes, I still want to put the LED DLR's on the bottom of the air inlet ducts for the intercooler, like how Jason has them on his G ride! :cool:

supercoupe007
08-08-2010, 02:42 AM
bermudakid::::: I found them on evilbay, they have chroms and black finish. Here are the item numbers;
220649394214 - Chrome
230508099086 - Black

I do like the price, but i do wonder how bring the LED are?? :confused: and if they dim down when u turn on the headlights?? :confused:

:)

rbraunberger
08-27-2010, 12:17 PM
My A4 By doens't have to auto adjust/leveling headlight system as it came equipped with halogens, if I were to get a set of these that have the auto leveling syste, would there be a way to make that system work??

If anybody has any information or experince they could share that would be geat.

Anyone know about this? I have the halogens w/o the leveling system and wondering if I purchase these how can you get that system to work? Paying for it after all :)

JasonS4
08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Here is some info....

Long: Upgraded from halogen to bi-xenon lights last night (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/118615-Long-Upgraded-from-halogen-to-bi-xenon-lights-last-night)

There is also coding with a vagcom (to tell the car what lighting it needs to use) and a sensor that needs to mount in the LH rear suspension that measures the cars position for the auto adjust to work. Beyond that I'm not sure...

TheKid23
01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Does not having auto-sensing, DRL or the leveling system make a difference with these headlights that are on the market? I've seen some descriptions that have DRL listed in them and some that don't.

JasonS4
01-26-2011, 02:59 PM
You should be fine. They "should" just hook right up I believe.

TheKid23
01-26-2011, 03:03 PM
JasonS4 - you seem to know quite a bit about the set up. How/when do the LED's turn on? Are they on simultaneously with the head lights? Or do they require a seperate switch to be installed inside the car? Since I dont' have DRL I'm not sure how the LED's would work.

Sorry, soooo many questions.

TheKid23
01-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh, and one of the options I'm considering are the Spyder's from 2kracing.com.

Part Number: PRO-YD-AA405-DRL-BK