Q7 Bluetooth - still! [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Q7 Bluetooth - still!

Animal
07-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Four months after purchasing a 2006 Q7 with Phone Preperation (but no cradle), and >250 in garage diagnostics bills, I still cannot establish a bluetooth connection with any phone.

I have tried all the various suggestions - search from the phone etc., but none of the phones detected the car.

I have tried using a 3G iPhone, HTC Touch, Nokia 6320, Motorola RAZr.

The MMI display just states that the Phone is not connected or available.

The latest thinking from the technicians, following on from a faulty ECU, is that it could be the transmitter unit box under the drivers seat - I think part no. 4E0 862 335.

Have also looked at the US site and following the set up-return configuration but no phone module is listed - although there is an application with a dozen or so squares as the name!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

craigyb
07-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Certainly sounds like the phone ECU corruption that is so common in the MMI phone prep low systems. The module displays as lots of hashes under setup and return.

I don't know why Audi have not replaced it so far, they must know about the problem, they have been replacing them for fun at most dealerships

The ECU is 4E0 862 335 as you posted, this and a bluetooth antenna, but what suprises me is that you do not have a crdle plate in the armrest. This leads me to think that the phone prep is not factory fit.

As the phone prep high is cradle plate less, but only came out in 2007 models, my guess is that you do not have that phone system.

Whereabouts are you? I'm based in Manchester, maybe I can help diagnose the issue and locate the ECU correctly.

Hope that helps...

Four months after purchasing a 2006 Q7 with Phone Preperation (but no cradle), and >250 in garage diagnostics bills, I still cannot establish a bluetooth connection with any phone.

I have tried all the various suggestions - search from the phone etc., but none of the phones detected the car.

I have tried using a 3G iPhone, HTC Touch, Nokia 6320, Motorola RAZr.

The MMI display just states that the Phone is not connected or available.

The latest thinking from the technicians, following on from a faulty ECU, is that it could be the transmitter unit box under the drivers seat - I think part no. 4E0 862 335.

Have also looked at the US site and following the set up-return configuration but no phone module is listed - although there is an application with a dozen or so squares as the name!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Animal
07-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks for your prompt response

The car does have a cradle mount in the armrest (the 'terminals'/connections) - but no cradle

The dealer checked the vehicle ID and confirmed it is factory fitted.

Unfortunatley I am in East Sussex - do you travel his afr or do you know someone local?