1997 A8 questions [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 1997 A8 questions

97audiA8
06-30-2010, 04:58 PM
I just recently bought a 97 a8 and I am trying to fix it up a little since it was a flood car. I don't have a manual for the car, so I have been trying to figure some things out by playing with it. It has a leak of windshield washer fluid where it sprays out to the headlamp (the whole end piece to the headlamp is missing actually). I wanted to know if anyone has ideas on how to seal this up or maybe where to find the plastic piece that fits on the bumper and connects to the hoses that run to the headlamp washer...hopefully that makes sense. The leak and low windshield washer fluid light has been driving me nuts!

Also, is there any way to convert the temp in the car from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

Another button that I haven't figured out is the button below the trunk release by the drivers side door. It looks like some type of radio signal...no idea what it might be for though.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

OK2000A8
08-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Button on door jamb below trunk release is for interior motion detector deactivation. You would use this if you left a dog or child in car and left car locked and armed. The interior motion would be deactivated so as to not sound a false alarm from inside motion.

I would never recommend leaving anyone inside car, alone and alarmed; unless it was an adult who was waiting for you and wanted "security" while waiting without setting off alarm from moving or talking, etc.

97A8newbee
08-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Convert C to F by pressing recirc and temp + (drivers side) simultaneously. Do a parts search on Ebay or a general Audi parts search for numerous dealers that carry your part.