Refitting cruise control on a 2000 A3? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Refitting cruise control on a 2000 A3?

Boldini
06-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi, 2000 Audi A3 1.8T Aut. Ambition 5-doors: All I miss is a cruise control. According to Audi service here (Norway), it is not possible. Is that the ultimate answer, or are there any known ways around the problem?

Most problems are solvable, but some are just too complex to be viable or worthwhile.

a8 tech
06-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Yes you can add cruise.
As this is model a3 has no steering control unit then you must directly wire the cruise switch to the engine ecu.
Then enable the engine ecu to allow activation
go to address 01 (engine electrics)
login channel 11
enter 11463
now the engine ecu will allow cruise operation

Boldini
06-06-2010, 03:45 PM
While you are talking about things I don't know anything about, what you say makes a lot of sense and I believe you. I just have to find a crack mechanic to do the job for me.

Thank you very much!

Boldini
06-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Searching for somebody to do the job for me I got the following reply:

It is possible to install cc on Audi/VW with electronic accelerator pedal (not wire to carburetor/injection unit).

AFAIK, all TDI since mid-90's have electronic accelerator pedal
Gasoline powered cars have that too, if the letters EPC (Electronic Power Control) shows in the instrument panel when ignition is switched on.

On older cars, without EPC it is also possible to install cc, but involving considerably more mechanics, like vacuum controlled unit to carburetor, switches on clutch/brake, and more.

No EPC light on my instrument panel...

a8 tech
06-08-2010, 12:00 PM
if you have a throttle cable then its more labour and more exspense