Cluth problems posible replacement [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Cluth problems posible replacement

Jae-P
05-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi all
Im new to this forum. Im from Argentina, South America.
Ive just recently bought an Audi A3 1.8T 2001 and Im really happy with it. Car is gret, good handling, good acceleration and speed and great confort.

I opened this thread since despite the fact that the car is in really good condiiton I do have one problem that is not letting me sleep.

Thing is that I think that the clutch is about to die. Or at least I hope that the problem lies in the clutch.
Its been increasingly difficult to engage first gear. Most of the time in order to achieve it I need to go to second drive and then first drive while stoped on a light. Its very anoying to have a green light and to have to wait until I manage to make the fist gear to engage.....

Well Ill take it to service next week to determine if the problem is trully in the clutch and Ive been doing some reserch just to be prepared.
I came accross this clutch kit:

01-02 AUDI TT 1.8T FWD 5 spd SACHS CLUTCH& FLYWHEEL KIT: eBay Motors (item 390200328744 end time May-31-10 09:54:11 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02-AUDI-TT-1-8T-FWD-5-spd-SACHS-CLUTCH-FLYWHEEL-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad9c08228QQitemZ39020 0328744QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#shId)

And I was wondering if it would be a good choice to replace my stock (dead) one. What benefits can I expect? How much will the originall clutch kit cost?
Is there any better option?

Well I hope you guys who have more experience on Audi can give me a hand.
Thanks all for your time and your help.

Regards!