Audi A3 - Automatic Gearbox problem [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Audi A3 - Automatic Gearbox problem

b1naryMan
05-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my car and I want your help. I own an Audi A3 2004 model with an automatic gearbox. Recently I had face up the following problem. When changing gear from 3rd to 4th the gear delays to change having the revolutions(rpm) of the engine to increase and the gear not changing. Is like having no gear for 2-3 seconds. When is finally change I feel a kick on the whole car. The same thing is happening on decreasing speed. While I slow down the gear is not change and when it changes I feel a more strong kick on the car. Is like having a horse on behind on my car and kicking me.

The prolem is usually starts after 20 minutes of drive and is only happend on one gear not in all gears.

Does anyone has any ideas what is might cause this problem?

Thanks
Pan

Weak lee
04-24-2011, 05:24 AM
Hi B1naryMan,
I would appreciate your help so much!!
I've been having the same problem with my audi a3, it's an 07 model and is costing a fortune :(
I was hoping you found out what is causing it?? And if you resolved the issue, how??....

b1naryMan
04-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi Weak Lee,

It's a nightmare ....I hope your problem is something else. The mechanics on Audi dealership they told me that the whole gearbox need to be change. The cost was 6000 euros and they made a better price 4000euros because my warranty was expired. Lot of money. I had contact with Audi headoffices in Germany through letters (twice) to help me but they just ignore my case telling me that is upon audi dealship in my country to help me. I change the Gearbox oil before to see if it was that causing the problem but still not. I replace the whole gearboc unfortunately. If your car is still in warranty maybe you can replace it for free. You need to ask about that. I had a serious respect about audi cars....but now with this problem and some others I had I start to loose it.

Weak lee
04-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the reply, sucks it cost you so much,
I guess I'll just have to cut my losses and
get rid of the bloody thing :(
I hope you have no more dramas with yours,
Thanks again for the reply