A3 TDI vs A3 Quattro [Archive] - Audi Forums

: A3 TDI vs A3 Quattro

bcgreen
05-11-2010, 08:08 AM
My insurance company,using my vin number, says my car is a Quattro, even though it is a TDI.
The insurance on the car is rather high and I am wondering if there should be a significant difference in rates. Mercury says it really doesn't matter because they just go by the name 'Audi'.

05-12-2010, 09:48 AM
I've been there with my old B5. You need to get it corrected. I quit going through my agent because he just kept running the same program on his computer and called the insurer directly. They thought I have a b5 a4 with a 4.2 V8... I wish! but i didn't want to pay insurance rates for a v8 when i had a v6 and when my car was totaled I'm certain they wouldn't have given me V8 money either...

bcgreen
05-12-2010, 12:02 PM
I hadn't thought as far as getting into an accident. I wonder if after a certain period of time and I get into an accident, if my TDI would be worth more or less than the quattro?
And which car would they pay on after insisting that the car is quoted by the vin #.
I am thinking if I find AllState or StateFarm is cheaper, I will take all my toys and go play elsewhere.

bcgreen
07-06-2010, 09:21 AM
which is better?

Quattro, for the fun, TDI, for the fuel economy.