Looking to purchase an A6 [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Looking to purchase an A6

5West
04-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking at purchasing a 2007 A6 S-line 4.2 quattro. It has 66k miles and they are asking just under 25. Good deal or is the asking price way too much? Also, is 66k way too much? The carfax has only the inspection dates on it. Is that a bad thing? It shows no maintenance performed or any other issues which is kind of making me think twice about it but maybe it means there have been no issues with the car. I've been looking at the A6 for a while now and would love to have one.
Thanks in advance.

pcamaj
04-26-2010, 04:15 PM
hey, good luck. Ive purchased a 05 A6 4.2 Sline w 74 K in it. ive had a few issues with it but nothing major . i love the car, it has power, great looks and i think one of the safest out there. i dont think 66k r a lot of miles. the carfax thing, lets hope its true and there really werent any issues w it. thats the least you can do.
i would highly recommend that you buy the extended warranty, it is extra $$ but you never know. Better safe then sorry. :)
as far as the price, if you can get it for 25 K w ext warranty i think its a good buy.

mwillis
05-15-2010, 04:09 PM
I bought an 07 a6 4.2 off lease 3 months ago with the same miles for what they are asking for your car, FYI. Call your dealer with the VIN # and they can tell you about the service done at any Audi dealer. If the car was a one owner with no issues at the dealer I would give it a shot. I do not like extended warrenties, put the cost of the warrenty in a savings account and use it if needed. I have really enjoyed my car so far. Good Luck.

Art 3.0
05-19-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm buying a 2006 C6 with a 3.0 engine with 35k miles, and then upgrade the suspension and wheels. I have driven it a few times and it's absolutely amazing car, can't imagine it with a v8