New Audi Owner in seek of advice/help. [Archive] - Audi Forums

: New Audi Owner in seek of advice/help.

01blkTT225
04-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I Just purchased a 2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro w/6spd
So far i have been very pleased by the look and performance of the vehicle.
First things first this is my second turbo vehicle the first one was a 1989 240sx with the sr20det, i did the FMIC, Fuel Inj etc, so when i ask these questions its not because idk any better its because iam new to the European market and have some questions about this Recirculation turbo system.

First question, what in your opinion was the best upgrade you did that gave you the most bang for the buck.
also i was looking at the k04 upgrade kits, now the k04 is that a completely different turbo than what is on the vehicle now or can i just get the inj, and the tune, and the FMIC and all that. And can anyone tell me about this recirc system and why it is bad to have a BOV that vents to the atmosphere.:confused:

second question, owning 4 cyl NA or turbo vehicles in my past i was always extremely careful of my exhaust choice i have had a few times where i had to change my DP, or Headers or complete Catback exhaust and sometimes mix and match to get rid of the elusive RICER (can of angry bees) sound. with this car would i have a problem with that regardless of my upgrades , iam looking at doing a full 3 in all the way back with Borla as my catback choice and hi flo cats. if you have a better suggestion please let me know.

third question, I LOVE Cams , cams, cams they really unlock a vehicles performance when matched with a full flowing intake and exhaust system, i have been searching and searching and cant seem to find a company who makes a higher grind profile intake and exhaust cam for this vehicle all i can seem to find is cam gears, also i noticed that this engine is of the interference type and timing belts tend to go. how often do you recommend changing the timing belt the car is currently at 88,500 miles and i have no clue when it was last done.

Fourth question, Throttle Body?? is there a performance one made for this vehicle at all?

Last question, The car is great handles well, love the 6spd transmission and the awd, when i drove the car off the lot earlier this week there werent any abnormal noises now, when the suspension is compressed at all ie, under acceleration or going under any stress of the slightest bit i hear this squeaking noise coming from the back of the vehicle, its either my springs or my struts but im not sure is it common for these cars struts or springs to go out with the amount of miles i have on it?

Now that iam finished :D
thanks guys in advance for you advice/expertise.

Naramyy
04-27-2010, 04:44 PM
1) i believe the ko4-022 is the exact turbo that comes with the 225's

2) i dont think you'll have a problem with any of that ricers stuff if your going with borla, my buddy has a g35 with a full borla exhaust system and it sounds really nice and deep and u can hear the grunt every time he slams on the gas

3) i dont know about the cams, but the timing belt is supposed to be changed every 60k miles or 5 years, and while your at that you might as well change the water pump as well as the tensioner which will probably run u about $700-1000 depending on where you go but its better to do it now then wait for something wrong to happen

4) im not sure but i thinkkk APR makes one? :s
dont quote me on that :)

Naramyy
04-27-2010, 04:49 PM
and to answer your first question fully, you should definitely save up for a chip. probably the best bang for buckk for any car?

westv
06-12-2010, 02:04 AM
I Just purchased a 2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro w/6spd
So far i have been very pleased by the look and performance of the vehicle.
First things first this is my second turbo vehicle the first one was a 1989 240sx with the sr20det, i did the FMIC, Fuel Inj etc, so when i ask these questions its not because idk any better its because iam new to the European market and have some questions about this Recirculation turbo system.

First question, what in your opinion was the best upgrade you did that gave you the most bang for the buck.
also i was looking at the k04 upgrade kits, now the k04 is that a completely different turbo than what is on the vehicle now or can i just get the inj, and the tune, and the FMIC and all that. And can anyone tell me about this recirc system and why it is bad to have a BOV that vents to the atmosphere.:confused:

second question, owning 4 cyl NA or turbo vehicles in my past i was always extremely careful of my exhaust choice i have had a few times where i had to change my DP, or Headers or complete Catback exhaust and sometimes mix and match to get rid of the elusive RICER (can of angry bees) sound. with this car would i have a problem with that regardless of my upgrades , iam looking at doing a full 3 in all the way back with Borla as my catback choice and hi flo cats. if you have a better suggestion please let me know.

third question, I LOVE Cams , cams, cams they really unlock a vehicles performance when matched with a full flowing intake and exhaust system, i have been searching and searching and cant seem to find a company who makes a higher grind profile intake and exhaust cam for this vehicle all i can seem to find is cam gears, also i noticed that this engine is of the interference type and timing belts tend to go. how often do you recommend changing the timing belt the car is currently at 88,500 miles and i have no clue when it was last done.

Fourth question, Throttle Body?? is there a performance one made for this vehicle at all?

Last question, The car is great handles well, love the 6spd transmission and the awd, when i drove the car off the lot earlier this week there werent any abnormal noises now, when the suspension is compressed at all ie, under acceleration or going under any stress of the slightest bit i hear this squeaking noise coming from the back of the vehicle, its either my springs or my struts but im not sure is it common for these cars struts or springs to go out with the amount of miles i have on it?

Now that iam finished :D
thanks guys in advance for you advice/expertise.

On the timing belt there was a recall you can call audi usa and give your vin # and ask if it had been done along with the instrument cluster recall..

Go with Borla catback and a 42 Draft Design down pipe

the noise from back could be the shocks the struts on this car are in the front

or the sway bar bushings could be slightly cracked at that milage the dogbone/4 rear inner arm bushings as well TTstuff.com is very good in this area as with 42 D.D. everyone is the same

this car already carries the Ko4 turbo there is a bigger turbo package but you will be surprised what this turbo will put out.

SEMA has a larger intake manifold/throttle body as does APR motor sports

it is not bad to vent to the atmosphere I have a DBOV made by GFB out of aussie land check it out also forge motor sports makes a cold side diverter kit to go along with their FMIC "COLD is MORE BETTER" look on there site Avenue garage out of Port Charlotte, FL should give you a min.10% dicount and free shipping also pick up a 3-pack of small hoses and 1 small black hose
tell [email protected] you want this one free but do not buy any of
the strut caps and such I am going to sell those and betterlooking all ready have some products on the market here is my link
Flickr: whanabiv's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/whanabinnovativedp/) just to look or email me

have fun any questions get email from link. L8R