C6 A6 Brakes [Archive] - Audi Forums

: C6 A6 Brakes

plimagt3
04-05-2010, 12:07 PM
I have a 2008 A6 with 12K miles. Everything about the car is excellent except one very annoying behavior. The brake pedal is extremely sensitive, making modulation very difficult; reminds me of Detroit iron. My wife thinks of it as an on/off switch. Her previous car was an E39 540i with terrific brakes wrt modulation and control. I drive a Porsche GT3 with outstanding brake control. I recently had a 2010 A4 loaner from the dealer that also had much better modulation/control. Has anybody had this experience and/or fixed it? Thanks.

alfunk
05-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi,

I've had exactly the same issue with my 05 A6 4.2. The brakes are hair trigger at low speed -- almost dangerously so. I took it to the dealer and they said it was behaving as designed. Add to that the hair trigger throttle response of the 8cyl and it takes a lot of concentration to drive at slow speeds.

There was at least one review of the car that noted this when the C6 first came out. But since i've rarely seen any comments on the forum it makes me think it isn't true for everyone (or they just think it's normal).

As a point of comparison I have an BMW E36 M3 also

I've thought about trying ceramic brakes but I don't know if it will help. Hopefully someone on this forum has some additional suggestions!

roadrune
05-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Imho the A3 are much worse then the A6....

Gabriel Tang
05-23-2010, 09:03 PM
I have a 2008 A6 with 12K miles. Everything about the car is excellent except one very annoying behavior. The brake pedal is extremely sensitive, making modulation very difficult; reminds me of Detroit iron. My wife thinks of it as an on/off switch. Her previous car was an E39 540i with terrific brakes wrt modulation and control. I drive a Porsche GT3 with outstanding brake control. I recently had a 2010 A4 loaner from the dealer that also had much better modulation/control. Has anybody had this experience and/or fixed it? Thanks.

I think the brakes is just at the acceptable level, though no enough for spirited driving, you need lots of car distance. you can do two things
upgrade the rear brakes to ventilated, it will give you more sedate braking, no trauma for rear passenger. You need to change brake disc and electric calipers
will cost u USD 1.5k approx. If you can DIY it's not too difficult, except you need a VAGCOM cable.

if you have 19" rims, you can upgrade your front to RS6 brakes, will the be ultimate to have both front and rear, with these upgrade u can tailgate any car with much confidence that you can brake you car faster than most cars on the road.

I highly recommend the RS6 front conversion if you engine is V6 or V8.
Direct fitting no modification required. it will cost at least US$3.5-4k