2.0 TDI Issue [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 2.0 TDI Issue

liam2010
03-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Hiya all, im new to the site so be gentle with me :)

The problem is i bought a 2005 B7 Saloon SLine and all is going great untill yesterday afternoon.

I got onto the motorway and i felt the car start to vibrate, there is no feedback from the front wheels through the steering wheel so i dont know if it is the rear wheels. When i bought the car there was new tyres fitted to the rear, will this be the problem?

If any1 has any ideas of what it could be or has had any issues like this themselves then please help me.

Thanks Liam

maxim_s45
03-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi!

What do you mean "there is no feedback from the front wheels through the steering wheel"? The wheel doesn't vibrate with the car?

Any significant change in outside temperature? I have vibrations first 10-12 mins driving when start driving with <34 - because of tires.

Do you have vibrations when breaking (break rotors)?

Did you catch any bumps, road defects?

Vibrations (frequency or effect) - does it depend on the speed or rpm as well?

liam2010
03-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi!

What do you mean "there is no feedback from the front wheels through the steering wheel"? The wheel doesn't vibrate with the car?

Any significant change in outside temperature? I have vibrations first 10-12 mins driving when start driving with <34 - because of tires.

Do you have vibrations when breaking (break rotors)?

Did you catch any bumps, road defects?

Vibrations (frequency or effect) - does it depend on the speed or rpm as well?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

When i say there is no feedback from the steering wheel i mean that the steering wheel is not vibraion or shaking.

The car only seems to do it in 6th gear at about 75-80 mph at 2500 revs. It seems to be coming from the rear of the car and towards the middle on the car in length.

Any ideas?

a8 tech
03-29-2010, 02:30 PM
swap the wheels around and retry

maxim_s45
03-29-2010, 07:49 PM
+1 to a8 tech - do balancing first.

Following up on coming from rear... Is it quattro (driveshaft bearing)?

liam2010
03-30-2010, 01:41 PM
+1 to a8 tech - do balancing first.

Following up on coming from rear... Is it quattro (driveshaft bearing)?

No mate, its just a 2.0TDI SLine.

I will take them to see if they need balancing this week and see if it does it again on the motorway at the weekend.