Automatic dimming DRL LED at RS6 headlights [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Automatic dimming DRL LED at RS6 headlights

capri1033
02-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi,
I want to ask if any of you who did the RS6 headlights mod, did manage to dim the LED when the main lights are on, I think the LED's are to bright when it is dark, don't you think this should happend automatic, (that the LED dim when the headlights are on)
I have seen at YouTube that orginal mounted hedlights do that, can someone please help.......:confused:
Thank you!

craigyb
02-21-2010, 02:35 PM
My 2010 headlights do dim when the headlights come on or when I indicate.

capri1033
02-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Do you have the the Central Electric version K?
Perhapes you have the the changing of wires at the Central Electric, I am not sure I got mine right....
Thank you!

mross
03-07-2010, 01:50 AM
My 2010 headlights do dim when the headlights come on or when I indicate.
yes, we know. :rolleyes:

But the question was :"what is correct wiring with bordnetz `K` to auto dimm leds with RS6 headlights"

the answer is:
- take out wire from pin 3 (32 pins connector) and put in pin 8 (10 pins connector).
- take out wire from pin 14 (32 pins connector) and put in pin 2 (10 pins connector)

Then recode bordnetz to "5" or "6" (kind of headlights).

After that - leds auto-dimm when necesarry :)
btw... forum here is for helping one each other, not for making money.:lol:

capri1033
03-07-2010, 05:25 AM

But the question was :"what is correct wiring with bordnetz `K` to auto dimm leds with RS6 headlights"

the answer is:
- take out wire from pin 3 (32 pins connector) and put in pin 8 (10 pins connector).
- take out wire from pin 14 (32 pins connector) and put in pin 2 (10 pins connector)

Thank you mross:)
I allready pay for the info to another one here at the forum:mad:, not craigyb!

craigyb
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Where exactly have I touted for business or asked for money?

All I stated is what my LED's do

Thank you mross:)
I allready pay for the info to another one here at the forum:mad:, not craigyb!

craigyb
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Mross, There was no question in the post regarding wiring and I don't like your attitude to my answer, I don't come on here to tout for business nor did I ask for any money to answer any posts or PM's. If you think that is what I'm here for then your a bigger muppet than you appear to be.

the answer is:

a8 tech
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Great stuff Moderator time.
Ok mross Craigyb is a long standing member who offers lots of in-depth knowledge and assistance which is highly valued considering its for free.

If members wish to donate to other members for there time or advise I have no issue at all with that and encourage it.

If members wish to use the services of others that's even better and in most cases builds a better community with word of mouth being the best form of recommendation

In this case there is no evidence that Criagyb touted for work so if possible apologise to him.

I would also like to add that only a few know how but plenty use other members/forums information for there own gain.

Information sharing is encouraged but the bottom line is Craigyb and others offer there advise for free and there services/installations for a charge.

Gabriel Tang
03-20-2010, 10:06 AM

the answer is:

I've yet to try your wiring advise, I dont think it will work as I use pin 4 & 15
instead

adamswiatek
11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Check that website: