Remote Key Problems [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Remote Key Problems

mikedee_1
01-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello all, I have a remote key fob for my 2000 audi a6 but it does not work to unlock or lock the doors. I have replaced the batteries still won't work does anyone know how I can program the remote to work? this is the only remote I have, getting tired of having to use the key to unlock and lock the doors. Also when I push the lock button on the inside it locks all the doors except the drivers door is that because of the remote not working or the door lock is dead. I can use the key and lock all four doors and the trunk.

Brozee
01-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I personally don't know how to recode and reprogram the remote to the car. But I know the dealer or an indy shop should easily be able to do it. And it shouldn't be expensive at all because it isn't a lengthy process to complete.

mikedee_1
01-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanx for the info, I will look into that someone even told me a good locksmith could reprogram it as well.

makav3li
02-01-2010, 03:21 AM
insert the key into the lock, turn and hold clockwise for 5 seconds, then do the same counterclockwise.

If it is the original key to the car and you just replaced the batteries, alot of the time, just doing that will reprogram the key. Worked for me

mikedee_1
02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks Makav3li for the information the programming tip worked great back in business.

Brozee
02-01-2010, 12:24 PM
That is very interesting and cool that it will auto program!

mikedee_1
02-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah took lets than a minute the remote did everything it was suppose to locked and unlocked the doors rolled the windows down etc....