ABS Fault [Archive] - Audi Forums

: ABS Fault

jayworth
01-09-2010, 02:32 PM
I have audi A6 98 C5 variant 2.5 diesel with ABS and Brake light flashing on dash.Tried vagcom and a no communication error,swapped out abs ecu for same model number and still no communication when trying to code in.Any pointers of what else i should try?

dingbat29
03-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi there, I had a similar problem on my previous car, a Volvo V40. Behind each wheel, there is a toothed ring, with a sensor just above it. The sensor reads off the toothed ring. It is possible that a tooth is missing due to a stone having been trapped, or even that the ring has cracked, meaning that a gap has opened up. Either way, this will upset the ABS. Sure enough, on my Volvo, when I looked, a tooth was missing. It was replace for me by a local independent, for only 55. I did a lot of research on this, which showed to me that Smart Cars suffer from this quite a lot. If all your toothed rings are OK, then your on your own pal, I have no idea.

regards
dingbat29

alang
03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
hi jayworth can i ask if you got to the bottom of your problem as i have the same and no one knows what to do?? thanks alang

lilrastor
03-14-2012, 08:15 PM
i was curious too if you have fixed or found a fix to the problem thanks