Arnott air springs [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Arnott air springs

SulcoPete
01-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Hello All -
I'm considering buying the Arnott air springs for my allroad...mostly because of the lifetime warranty, and the CNC-machined aircraft aluminum parts, which seem better than what the stockers are built with (steel?). Anybody have any experience with the Arnott springs? How about the Generation II Arnott springs? Also, anybody install the Bilstein shocks? These aftermarket parts have really got me excited...
Thanks in advance.
Pete

ytmarine
02-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I have a pair in a 02 Allroad and they are a big improvement. The car does not nosedive from hard braking, and the handling is better than my old S6.

Chippy757
02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
I have a pair in a 02 Allroad and they are a big improvement. The car does not nosedive from hard braking, and the handling is better than my old S6.

Don't they seem harder than oem?, some people reported them being harsh ride... Might consider them myself in future.

chbartlemay
02-17-2010, 10:10 PM
I am considering buying their pump and rear units next week. I asked the Audi dealer to trouble shoot my car, which is sitting on the axle now, and install them, but they refused. I asked why they would refuse to put in a part with a lifetime warranty, that was half the price. They did not have an answer.

Chippy757
02-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Audi will only fit oem parts supplied by themselves (warranty).
I would not buy Arnott recon pump, as they dont last.
You can buy merc pump which is exactly same, not expensive and just needs few bits transferred from old pump to fit.