Do not trust Audi any more [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Do not trust Audi any more

micheljean
12-03-2009, 12:03 PM
The allroad has a conceptual defect. The transfer box which gives you short gears is badly designed. Even if you never use it, it may create a failure on the vehicle and you have to proceed to the exchange of the transfer box although everything else is perfectly performing. The cost for repair is around 13'000 $! Audi designers did not make any failure analysis on this part and the cost is only supported by the owner! I have been caught! Don't do the same.

administrator
12-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Most likely your experience is an isolated incident. There would be a recall if there was a flaw in design. Thanks for your opinion anyways.

Nadeem

micheljean
12-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Audi normally reacts differently to isolated incident. They do not let the user having to fully support the inconvenience. The customer service takes care of this. In this case, it is hard for them to agree as it is a direct questioning of their fame.
My experience is not an opinion but a fact. I never made use of short gears and one morning, just starting the engine, the "Low range" sign was displayed. Presumably, on startup, the computer, in order to check everything is working properly, performs a test of the transfer box by pushing and pulling the control lever and this action caused the breakdown. So, I can only repeat my statement: although you do not make use of the feature, you may have to pay a lot of money to keep your vehicle running. This is unacceptable. A "Failure analysis" would have shown the risk and this would have been rejected in a good design. I can understand nobody is perfect but Audi should support its imperfections if it wants to keep its customers.

administrator
12-04-2009, 11:02 AM
A "Failure analysis" would have shown the risk and this would have been rejected in a good design. I can understand nobody is perfect but Audi should support its imperfections if it wants to keep its customers.

I would assume that they did detailed testing on the part. This is not GM or Chrysler we are talking about here. Audi quality has been shown time and time again in my experience. Chances are you were just unlucky as I said. Sorry to hear about you having to foot the bill. Perhaps you should contact their customer service? Have you tried this route?

Nadeem

micheljean
12-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for replying to my messages. I was assuming that too when I bought my allroad. This is my third Audi in 26 years! I do then think that I know what I am talking about. I was a great Audi supporter until they did not act as they should, according to their standard. I did contact the customer service but they just replied negatively without any explanation. My conclusion is that my question was embarassing. I am sorry to disagree with you.