Help with weird suspension noises [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Help with weird suspension noises

ldesha
09-30-2009, 01:12 AM
I have a 2000 audi tt

i have replaced the 2 back shocks,2 front strut mount bushings,2 front lower control arm bushings

after all this i still get a weird number of sounds

first sound is a creaking sound which comes from the front suspension

2nd thing is when ever i go over a bump the suspension is extremely rough and i feel every sort of bump or imperfection in the road it feels like the wheels are just moving very easinly up and down

alot of the the car places are just taking guesses at what it could be
any suggestions?

this is a problem because winter is come and whenever i hit a bump at about 50-80 kms the car sort of fish tails and i loose traction which is a nono for winter

thanks for any comments

mfoto1964
10-16-2009, 12:44 PM
if ur frnt end noise is a sqweek, it very well could b ur sway bar bushings . but dnt make the mistake and going to auto zone and buying them cuz ur wastin tym . i replaced mine twice and about a wek later sqweek came back. turns out there are several difrnt size bushings u have to measure the outer dia. of the sway bar to purchase the correct bushing hope this helps

Adriansj
09-17-2010, 08:13 AM
I am also experiencing the creaking sound from the front suspension and like yourself have changed various parts from control arm to anto rollbar links and my next option is the strut bushes. My VAG dealer also suggested that wheel bearings can cause this so may be you need to look hear. Incidently my noise occurs on lock when reversing from the right front so are you experincing the same thing?

westv
09-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I have a 2000 audi tt

i have replaced the 2 back shocks,2 front strut mount bushings,2 front lower control arm bushings

after all this i still get a weird number of sounds

first sound is a creaking sound which comes from the front suspension

2nd thing is when ever i go over a bump the suspension is extremely rough and i feel every sort of bump or imperfection in the road it feels like the wheels are just moving very easinly up and down

alot of the the car places are just taking guesses at what it could be
any suggestions?

this is a problem because winter is come and whenever i hit a bump at about 50-80 kms the car sort of fish tails and i loose traction which is a nono for winter

thanks for any comments

I will go along wilth strut bar bushings (Powerflex) but also take a look at your dogbone as they use stretch bolts and on a high milage car it may be time to change as well as the front undercarriage stretch bolts... bearings are possible but not likely

You can buy a dogbone all ready to go but it is a easy DIY.. energy suspension is good.. bolts can be had from ttstuff.com as well as Powerflex and a Complete dogbone from BFI in Durham, NC

when you changed your struts mounts how did the sway bar connectors look?

also the springs maybe just tired I changed everything F & R but I wanted a handling experience