EVERYTHING Resets After Being Shut Off [Archive] - Audi Forums

: EVERYTHING Resets After Being Shut Off

administrator
08-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Has anyone heard of the car behaving strangely after being shut off? Pretty much every time that I turn off the car (2008 A3, S-Line, Auto Trans), all the electronics reset if the car starts again. Even more annoying, sometimes it just has no power going to anything after being shut off for hours at a time, and finally coming back to life with reset clocks and all. I have had the battery tested and alternator as well at Audi, and they can't seem to find the fault. They say that the battery terminals are fine and all battery connections look intact as well. Let me know if any of you have heard of this before. I am stumped and with only 20,000 kms on the car I am rather disgruntled and almost ready to trade it in for something different. Thanks.

Nadeem

a8 tech
08-31-2009, 02:20 PM
I would suggest J519 control unit is defective or possible dash insert.To add currently there are lot of issues with 8p ignition switches

administrator
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
They said it was a wire going to the alternator and they fixed it. Strange, I never thought that a loose connection at the alternator would affect power to the computer... Either, way looks good now! Thanks for the input, at least I know where to start if there is a problem again.

Nadeem