HELP fuel issues [Archive] - Audi Forums

: HELP fuel issues

freerider
07-08-2009, 09:12 PM
lol well there isn't really not much for fuel issues other than my pump is going:mad: and i was wondering anything about upgrades and or well just about anything maybe if there was like a way to eliminate the fuel distributor or anything
thanks to any one who helps :)

jaimesonlee
07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Eliminate the fuel pump??? Dude you lost me. No one will reply to your thread as it don't really make sense. What is your car doing wrong and what are you trying to upgrade?

You can upgrade your pump but you cant eliminate it....what kind/year of car do you have?

freerider
07-09-2009, 06:33 PM
for one i said to get rid of that stupid fuel DISTRIBUTOR IN THE AIR INTAKE my bad for not explaing this.Yeah it just cuts out at high rpms its an 87 5000 cs and i was wondering options on upgrading or replacing the fuel system

jaimesonlee
07-10-2009, 06:15 AM
I'll have to look into it, it's an older car so i'm not sure what all is available for it. I'm sure there is something though.

Did you shop around on the Audi performance parts sites at all?

freerider
07-10-2009, 07:29 PM
yeah i have looked into it a bit and there doesn't seem to be much of anything for this car other than to replace the pump and call it at that :(

jaimesonlee
07-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah that sucks. I guess you will have to be innovative and come up with something custom. Or you could sell the car and buy my supercharged A4 :p

freerider
07-11-2009, 11:01 AM
omg i would if i could i seen it in your pics it looks sweet and i bet she is pretty quick too

jaimesonlee
07-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah it's pretty quick but even better on the twisties ~~ I hate to sell it but 2 car payments and a bike payment are startin to eat at my wallet, not to mention insurance too.

freerider
08-09-2009, 07:00 PM
so i think i figured it out i replaced the fuel lines a bunch were cracked and leaking :( but so far it seems to have fixed it thanks for the help anyways