06 A3 NavPlus MP3 CD problem [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 06 A3 NavPlus MP3 CD problem

shevelevs
04-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi All,

Decided not to stop at "introduction" thread as it looks like it's not that popular anyway.

Briefly, I am from US and the car is 06 A3 2.0T/Manual/NavPlus/Xenon/....

The problem I'm getting is this. Any MP3 CD gives me a disk error/disk unreadable message, no matter if it is inserted into DVD drive or CD changer. MP3s play just fine from SD cards. Audio CDs play fine in either DVD drive or CD changer.

My local dealer responded with something like "car is not formatted to play MP3s from CDs, MP3s should be loaded onto external flash cards". This doesn't sound quite true to me.

Anyone has similar car WITH NO such problems? Anyone has a car WITH problems like mine?

Thanks!

frode
05-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi All,

Decided not to stop at "introduction" thread as it looks like it's not that popular anyway.

Briefly, I am from US and the car is 06 A3 2.0T/Manual/NavPlus/Xenon/....

The problem I'm getting is this. Any MP3 CD gives me a disk error/disk unreadable message, no matter if it is inserted into DVD drive or CD changer. MP3s play just fine from SD cards. Audio CDs play fine in either DVD drive or CD changer.

My local dealer responded with something like "car is not formatted to play MP3s from CDs, MP3s should be loaded onto external flash cards". This doesn't sound quite true to me.

Anyone has similar car WITH NO such problems? Anyone has a car WITH problems like mine?

Thanks!

You'r right the CD player does not support MP3, onely memory cards.
RNS-E is not a "good system" if you want more than Routing from one place to another. You can't add own POI's (camera, redlight,shopping places (like Wallmart)),ore whatever you want off (POINTs OFF INTEREST).Skipp the RNS unit, stick to the original Consert system (in Europe) and lock at this page for "unit to solve memorecard and Ipod" use.
Search results*::*XCarLink (http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/bmy_search.php?brand=AUDI&model=A3)
This unit work's fine with memoycard (SD type) and cable from CD player (Aux in).
Skip navplus if possible,save money, stay to Consert 2, greate sound (subwoofer included, I have, an is pleased, ore bosse system eaven better:huh:. If you need navigation? Bye Garmin (I,use Nuvi 660) , tom tom ore Mio all is good navigation systems.

frode
05-02-2009, 09:37 PM
:huh:[QUOTE=frode;155351]You'r right the CD player does not support MP3, onely memory cards SD type. "Secure Digital".
RNS-E is not a "good system" if you want more than Routing from one place to another. You can't add own POI's (camera, redlight,shopping places (like Wallmart)),ore whatever you want off (POINTs OFF INTEREST). Uppgrades is expensive. Skip the RNS unit, stick to the original Consert system , if possible.Lock at this page for "unit to solve memorecard and Ipod" use.
Search results*::*XCarLink (http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/bmy_search.php?brand=AUDI&model=A3)

This unit work's fine with memoycard (SD type) and Portable cd player.
Skip navplus if possible,save money, stay to Consert 2, greate sound (subwoofer included, I have, this system and is pleased, ore bye a bose system and go one step further. If you need navigation? Bye Garmin (I,use Nuvi 660) , tom tom ore Mio all is good navigation So Sorry.

works with SDcard, Usb, and Audio in. (from Portable cd units ore from ipod audio out (headset).

Regards
Frode