A3 Concert Problem [Archive] - Audi Forums

: A3 Concert Problem

Dirk_Digbee
03-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi all, only new to the site, hopefully someone here can help.

I have a 04 Audi A3 with the Audi Concert Radio.

There was a problem with the radio when i first took the car for a test drive but the dealer got it sorted before I eventually made the purchase. Well, got it sorted as in: when you turn it on music come out.

Anyway the problem Iím having is when I get into the car; turn on the ignition the radio doesnít come on automatically. The opposite happens when I turn off the car, I start getting out and then ďAh tits, I forgot to turn off the frigginí radioĒ. Also when Iím driving the car for over an hour it turns off.

I know some cars let you listen to the radio for about an hour without a key in the ignition and seems to me that it's the same in my A3 but the radio dosn't know the car is on, if that makes sense!

Is there a connection missing that links the radio to the ignition?
Or something stupid like a loose wire?

I know it might seem like a fairly insignificant problem but itís been going on since I got the car and itís so annoying. And Iíd feel like an awful prat if I went back to the garage and it was some simple I could have fixed myself.

Has anyone come across anything like this before?

Cheers.

Dirk_Digbee
03-17-2009, 11:53 PM
No ideas at all?

tamikk
06-16-2009, 05:27 AM
Hi!

I think that I have same problem with my audi a4 2004. I bought second hand concert 2, and installed it myself.

Signal from igniton to radio should come via can. I have installed can high and can low cables from instrument cluster, but radio is still playing when I turn my car off.

Second problem is that there is no station information in instrument cluster and this should come also via can. But some "can properties" is still working. For example GALA works perfectly. Also lights in radio works and I have heard that signal to radio lights come via can.

Third problem seems to be that I can't access to radio measure blocks with VAG COM, although I wired the k-bus cable straight from OBD adapter to radio.

I can't understand what is the problem. Do you have the same problems or have you only problem with ignition signal?

Have anybody any ideas of this?

Melon
08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
It just sounds like that the head unit isn't connected to the ignition properly, either a loose wire or not connected at all.