Alarm [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Alarm

tonto21
02-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi i have just aquired a dog problem is if i lock him in the car the alarm goes off
how can i disable the alarm and still lock the car
it is a 2002 1.9 TDI Passat.

I know this might sound daft but how can I till if my car has a timming belt or chain

supersparks
03-25-2009, 07:51 AM
If in doubt consult Emmanuel! The Owners Manual 3.1 (controls and equipment) Page 33 -Locking- states that if you use the key in the driver's door and turn it twice it will lock the car in the 'Safe Mode' so that the interior door locks remain unlocked and the alarm remains off, and the deadlock red LED remains off.
All versions of the TDI have timing belts which need to be changed at the recommended intervals (Iwould worry over 60,000miles or 6years; and over 80,000 and 8 yrs I would tow it to the garage!) Find out the engine code for your car - you will need it for spares and consumables - mine is AFN (110bhp built 1999) with the old style rotary pump with No 3 injector with a sensor (just a magnetic search coil) to tell the engine management computer when the needle lifts and starts spraying.
Yours might be the AJM or AJT version with the unit injectors which is more expensive to produce and maintain but gives amazing torque and is more economical.
I would highly recommend the car generally but take time out to learn the systems, and beware you do not get locked out. It is almost impossible to get back in without seriuos expenditure. Keep a spare uncoded key outside the car just to get in, and a further normal key looped on a piece of string under a seat or locker to start the engine. I have already locked myself out twice and had my keys stolen in just 6 years.

tonto21
03-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Thank you very much that is most helpfull