Audi Forums banner

Emission Control warning light has come on!

64K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  xert 
#1 ·
The orange emission control warning light has started coming on - looks like a picture of an engine/ gearbox.

The car still drives fine and I'm not noticing plumes of smoke coming out the back.

In the handbook it just says "take the car to an approved Audi garage as soon as possible".

I've got it booked in for this Friday but wanted to sound you lot out before then as this has never happened on any car I've owned before and I can't even imagine what could be causing it (except a faulty sensor)...

Car is a 2007 A3, 2.0 TDI 170 BHP version. Got about 48,000 miles on the clock and is on the longlife service regime. It's had 2 services up to now, both done at Audi and both done on time.

#2 ·
That engine is DPF I believe, common problems at the moment are exhaust gas differential pressure sensor, (although this would normally bring on the DPF lamp also) and exhaust gas temperature sensor problems.There is also a bulletin at the moment regarding injectors and wiring harness short to earth. So long as the lamp isn't flashing you're ok, let us know what they find.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info Badger61.

My car was in the local Audi garage last Friday and it turns out all that was wrong was a faulty sensor! Fortunately they had one in stock so it was all fixed on the day - they even washed and hoovered the car too while it was with them which it certainly needed after driving through the winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.