nearly stallin on tick over [Archive] - Audi Forums

: nearly stallin on tick over

markmilkins
12-11-2008, 09:29 AM
hi all. put an induction kit on mt a3 1.8TQ 2002, now revs on tick over are lower and sometimes low enough that it wants to stall......anybody got any ideas why.....sorry first turbo car and know very little.....thanks

docurley
12-12-2008, 08:29 AM
You may have messed up the maff or not plugged it back in correctly.

markmilkins
12-12-2008, 02:38 PM
thanks docurley i'll have a look at the plug tomorrow, think i've done it correctly but going to clean the maf and the t/b soon......thanks again

ClubsportA3
12-16-2008, 10:28 AM
While running unplug the maf see if any change. Which induction kit ? Made for the engine or a universal. Have you left a breather pipe off ?

markmilkins
12-16-2008, 03:55 PM
While running unplug the maf see if any change. Which induction kit ? Made for the engine or a universal. Have you left a breather pipe off ?

hi ther, yes a universal stainless.and a small one for the other breather pipe. maybe mesh too big? when comin at rest the revs go down to about 800 then dip straight away to 400 then straight back to 800 but no knockin at 400. u can hear the d/v dumpin clearly now, sounds ok at med to high revs but under low revs with abit of torque sounds a bit screechy.

ClubsportA3
12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm not a fan of atmospheric dump valves getting old lol. Was the dv fitted at the same time? I would still say breather problem than the maf. Mesh size wouldnt be a issue really to rule out things stick the air box back on see if its cured. Getting it on a computer might help see if it brings up any codes. You could try disconecting the battery leave for 10 min then try again.

markmilkins
12-17-2008, 06:26 AM
I'm not a fan of atmospheric dump valves getting old lol. Was the dv fitted at the same time? I would still say breather problem than the maf. Mesh size wouldnt be a issue really to rule out things stick the air box back on see if its cured. Getting it on a computer might help see if it brings up any codes. You could try disconecting the battery leave for 10 min then try again.

thanks will try battery. i put a new d/v on about 2 weeks earlyer with no problems, it was an apr-r1. didn't fancy the forge. thanks for the reply again only had car about 2 months and its been a while since customing/tuning a car had a 4x4 for 4yrs b4.had a supra b4 that spent 13k on that one(show car), not that ive got that kind of money to spend now.lol. but this is my first turbo and the brains that the modern car have now, i'm like a fish out of water.....

ClubsportA3
12-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Nearly bought a supra few years back In a week moment... lol then i bought a impreza ra...... Lol good thing I saw the light again.......... :eek:

markmilkins
12-17-2008, 10:12 PM
tell me about it toyota's cost on a daily basis.lol. i see your a tq man also can you tell me.... i'm thinkin on gettin some 8x18 a8 wheels, what offset should i ask for i think they come with 35 but i would like them as far out as i can get without them rubbin.(saves on a set of spacers as well) goin to lower as well but only 25 to 30. dont want to drive over a pound coin and tell you the year of it!!!! can't afford coil overs so spings first shocks after unless i can find a good deal.............

ClubsportA3
12-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Stick to 17"s if your lowering it. There are cheap "coilover" kits on ebay about 300 all in no idea on quality..... Go buy some Leda lol :eek:

ClubsportA3
12-18-2008, 05:24 AM
A8 wheels wont fit they are 5x112 pcd your 5x100.
If its replica's then a ET 35-40 with 225/40/18

But dont quote me lol best to speak to someone running 18's :(