tire question [Archive] - Audi Forums

: tire question

ckbkny
12-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I have an '02 A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro that I bought CPO 2 years ago. Now that's it winter I'm trying to figure out what to do about tires. I'm rocking 4 Pirelli P6's, the stock tire that shipped with the car.
Problem is the 2 back tires are nearly done for as far as tread wear but the 2 fronts have a lot of tread left as they were new when I bought the car. The rears passed the CPO inspection but were much older.
I'm inclined to replace the 2 rears and keep the front tires, probably go with Michelins for the new tires as I can get a great discount and road warranty on them.
Any issues with mismatched tires front and rear I should worry about?
Should I just replace all 4 and sell the two good P6's?
Thanks

Discount Tire Direct
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I have an '02 A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro that I bought CPO 2 years ago. Now that's it winter I'm trying to figure out what to do about tires. I'm rocking 4 Pirelli P6's, the stock tire that shipped with the car.
Problem is the 2 back tires are nearly done for as far as tread wear but the 2 fronts have a lot of tread left as they were new when I bought the car. The rears passed the CPO inspection but were much older.
I'm inclined to replace the 2 rears and keep the front tires, probably go with Michelins for the new tires as I can get a great discount and road warranty on them.
Any issues with mismatched tires front and rear I should worry about?
Should I just replace all 4 and sell the two good P6's?
Thanks

Its always best to replace 4 if you can. Mix matching tires can offset the balance of the vehicle. If you are going to replace just two. Here's some tips. Buying 2 tires (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoNewTireMounting.jsp)