wheres the a6 prformance for 95? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: wheres the a6 prformance for 95?

wtfmate3
11-14-2008, 09:57 PM
i just picked up a 95 a6, and cant believe the lack of perfomance upgrades. im not trying to run a 10 sec. 1/4 mile, just want a little more power. please send me some pointers. do i have to put a '00 2.7t into it?

msydnor
11-15-2008, 08:46 AM
I had a 95 and all I could find was some stuff from TAP.... total audi performance. I think they had a K&N filter and a throttle body. That was about it. You may want to check into supercharging. I recently found there is one made for the C-5 2.8 cars. Not sure about yours though.

wtfmate3
11-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I had a 95 and all I could find was some stuff from TAP.... total audi performance. I think they had a K&N filter and a throttle body. That was about it. You may want to check into supercharging. I recently found there is one made for the C-5 2.8 cars. Not sure about yours though.

suprecharging? thats something i havnt given any thought to yet, thank you

hawkflyer
01-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Before you get to ahead of yourself,

Have you given thought to a S6 of the same vintage? That I5 is a better engine reliability wise, and is capable of more power then the 2.8 in your A6. These cars have come down in price ALOT in the last fews years. For less money you would have a better car.

In short that A6 is not as good of a performance platform as the S6.

msydnor
01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Before you get to ahead of yourself,

Have you given thought to a S6 of the same vintage? That I5 is a better engine reliability wise, and is capable of more power then the 2.8 in your A6. These cars have come down in price ALOT in the last fews years. For less money you would have a better car.

In short that A6 is not as good of a performance platform as the S6.

Very true, but in my case, I'm not looking for the best performance option. The SC on a 2.8 just makes it respectable and that all I'm looking for. I have other cars for my hotrod fix